The Middle Passage Ceremonies and Port Markers Project
We Are Remembering Ancestors
The Middle Passage Ceremonies and Port Markers Project (MPCPMP) needs your financial help to continue working with local communities in the U.S. on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts to commemorate African ancestors and to install Middle Passage history markers.
As a result of our on-going efforts and your encouragement, there has been progress made at numerous arrival locations. In 2022 we expect marker installations at: Africatown, AL; Annapolis, MD; Charleston, SC; Oxford, MD; Tybee Island, GA. Planning has begun for Biloxi, MS; New Bern, NC; New London, CT.
The UNESCO Slave Route Project has designated 43 of 55 documented U.S. Middle Passage arrival locations as a “Site of Memory,” acknowledging their international relevance and status.
Learn more about the Middle Passage Ceremonies and Port Markers Project at www.middlepassageproject.org/
Please click on the links below to hear from some of our supporters.
End of Year Statement: Ann Chinn & Ann Cobb - Executive Board, Chair & Executive Director
List of End of Year Statements:
Click on the list below to view individual statements.
- Ann Chinn & Ann Cobb - Executive Board, Chair & Executive Director
- Regina Hartfield - Advisory Board - Cambridge, MD
- Joseph Jenkins - Executive Board - Spring Grove, VA
- Karen Malachi - MPCPMP's Legal Advisor - Atlanta, GA
- Bill Hamilton - Executive Board - Louisville, KY
- Rhonda Bristol - Supporter - Orlando, FL
- Clinton Gardiner - Middle Passage Committee Member - Newport, RI
- Joan Hubert - Executive Board - Galveston, TX
- Khalab Blagburn - Student Supporter - Washington, DC
- William (Trey) Hamilton - Supporter - Louisville, KY
- Michele Dingle - Moderator, MPCPMP Webinars - Atlanta, GA
- Charlie Cobb - Advisory Board Chair - Jacksonville, FL
- Karlos Finley - Dora Franklin Finley African-American Heritage Trail - Mobile, AL
Fells Point, Baltimore, Maryland, Aug. 23, 2012
Video Highlights from the Boston Middle Passage Remembrance Ceremony
Please give generously, and for a contribution of $50.00 or more you can choose to receive a t-shirt as a thank you gift from us.